The Technology Supply Chain

What is the Technology Supply Chain?


The purpose of the chain is to help manufacturing, engineering and technology companies in the West Midlands to:

Innovate – this could be as simple as adopting new processes or a new IT system or as complex as adding a revolutionary new product to your range.

Become more efficient and more profitable- innovation will help companies to spend less time doing the boring administration and management work as well as streamline the production process while losing none of the value added.

Grow- either by selling more of their current products and services and/or selling new products and services.

We are doing this by connecting companies with the grant funding, funded industry projects and support that is available to them from:

Local Entreprise Partnerships (LEPs)
Other local organisations and businesses

While we work with companies in the Midlands, the Technology Supply Chain is supporting businesses across the UK with the innovative solutions and offerings of our members.


Our mission is to help West Midlands manufacturing, engineering and technology companies to grow, innovate and prosper by using the funding, funded projects and support available from local Universities, LEPs, catapults, other organisations and companies.

We are also:

Educating them in the array of solutions, funding and funded support available to them.

Explaining the proven technologies that can help them, their customers and their prospects in easily understood terms focusing on the benefits on offer.

Helping them to make the connections they need to succeed.


Our vision is to create a golden age for manufacturing, engineering and technology firms in the West Midlands.

We will achieve this by helping to increase the the Gross Valued Added (GVA) across the manufacturing, engineering and technology sectors. Manufacturing currently accounts for 11% of the UKs total GVA with engineering and technology accounting for 26% of the GVA. So these three sectors account for a whopping 37% of the UK’s GVA.

Our vision is to help accelerate the growth of the engineering and technology sectors and increase the GVA from manufacturing to over 12%.

The Technology Supply Chain is powered by West Midlands Universities, support organisations, such as the MTC, and the local business community.

We have three Directors:

Richard Fallon-  An engineer by background, Richard is an experienced business analyst and a veteran marketing consultant. He has been helping local companies and university business projects to meet their targets since 2011.  He is currently the President of St Paul’s Club, the oldest private members’ club in Birmingham.

Professor Paul Cadman-  Paul is a multi award winning manufacturer and business leader.  He is a non-Executive Director for a range of manufacturing and tech companies.  He is Professor of Entrepreneurship at BCU as well as a NED for technology and manufacturing companies.

Micheal-Don Smith- Don has considerable experience in the third sector as well as running his own business helping entrepreneurs and thought leaders to perfect their speaking skills.

The Technology Supply Chain is a Community Interest Company which means we are a not-for-profit organisation with any surplus being invested straight back into our community.

The Technology Supply Chain

The Technology Supply Chain
The Studio, 4th Floor
Avebury House
55 Newhall Street
B3 3RB
United Kingdom

Tel: 0121 724 0701

Become a member. Find out all the benefits here.

Contact us