03 Nov LGE, Stark and Ylem have joined forces to offer an industry first, fully funded, end-to-end, cost efficient energy generation opportunity
LGE (CMF Energy Partners), Stark and Ylem have joined forces to offer an industry first, fully funded, end-to-end, cost efficient energy generation opportunity.
Sparkbox is a plug and play gas engine generator which connects to the gas main and in turn burns gas to generate low cost electricity. The engine is housed in a unit approximately the size of a shipping container, is delivered to site built and is ready to use.
• Low Cost – Savings are delivered by the comparatively low gas/high electricity cost difference (especially in non-commodity charges). Heat can also be transferred back into site, lowering cost and increasing efficiency of the engine however this is not a prerequisite.
• No customer CAPEX cost at any stage of the process – customer pays agreed PPA rate and gas cost only.
• Lower Distribution Costs – Improvements by generating power onsite, reducing burden on the grid.
• Safety- Protection from blackouts and brownouts.
• Funding Opportunities – Vehicle for funding other projects by re-investing savings back into site.
• Environmentally Friendly – The process can be made green in a multitude of ways, via green-gas, offsetting or green accreditation. Another environmental benefit is the removal of line losses.
• Future Proof – Engine can be remodelled to run on hydrogen once the market is ready.
• Cost certainty – Customer is able to hedge their position though locking in a PPA price for 10 years (that increases by RPI) and gas contracts for 5 years.
• Annual electricity consumption of over 3.5GWH
• An appetite to save money
• An appetite to reduce greenhouse gasses
• Space roughly the size of a shipping container
For full details please contact LGE: Telephone: +44 161 401 1001 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org