26 Nov Health & Safety in the 21st Century – Free to attend event for CMF members – 22 January 2019
Tuesday 22 January 2019: 8.30 – 15.30
National Metalforming Centre, West Bromwich
The trade associations of two of the oldest manufacturing processes in the UK are coming together to host an event focused on health and safety in the 21st century, to show how sometimes simple changes and understanding can make a difference to how businesses look after their employees to send them home safe and healthy at the end of each day. The old attitudes towards safety have to be consigned to the history books and a new chapter written to show what can be achieved.
Join the Confederation of British Metalforming (CBM) and the Cast Metals Federation (CMF) for a day of presentations from expert speakers and table top exhibition showing what safety systems and PPE/RPE is available to keep the UK’s hard working metals sector employees safe.
Presentations on the day will include:
• A keynote speech from the Health and Safety Executive to introduce the day
• Musculoskeletal Disorders: causes, effects on the human body and simple changes to reduce them, including technology.
• Slips, trips and falls: These still occur too often and can be reduced or eliminated by good housekeeping as well as effective risk assessment to highlight potential problems with safe working areas before they occur.
• Noise and vibration: The two are closely linked and are known to cause injuries that impair people’s lives outside of work. What can be done to reduce the risks of physical harm and improve the environment for the UK workforce?
• Occupational stress in the workplace: 1 in 5 people suffer from workplace stress at any point in time. Hear from a HSE Psychologist about the effect it has on people and how the UK needs to change its attitude on mental health.
• Real life case study: How an industrial accident, changed the life of one person and what we can learn from it to make our workplaces safer.
Table top exhibition area will be available to browse throughout the day, with suppliers of modern, comfortable and user friendly PPE and RPE, monitoring systems to provide real life measurements of noise and vibration, plus occupational health providers who can help you look after the health and wellbeing of employees.
Who should come?
The event is open to anyone with an interest in safety and health from the metals sector and is suitable for Directors, senior managers from all departments, Health and Safety Managers and advisors, health and safety committee members, trade union representatives.
Where and when is the event taking place?
Tuesday 22nd January 2019, with coffee and registration from 8.30am, closing at 3.30pm
National Metalforming Centre, 47 Birmingham Road, West Bromwich, B70 6PY (please use Sat-Nav code B70 6QE).
Cost: Attendance: Free to CBM and CMF members – Non members £50 +vat
Exhibition: Space (2m x 1.5m) + table £250+vat
Please email or call Melinda Jean at the CBM: firstname.lastname@example.org – 0121 601 6350