31 Jul Your Chance to Support the New National Foundry Training Centre
This exciting, new purpose-built National Foundry Training Centre, part of the Elite Centre of Manufacturing Skills initiative which is located in the West Midlands, includes:
• a fully-equipped training foundry with modern melting furnaces
• the latest moulding and casting equipment
• a modern patternshop including a vertical machining centre
• a simulation and design suite, plus 3D printing
• laboratories for quality assurance and mechanical testing.
The training centre is supported by the industry’s professional body, the Institute of Cast Metals Engineers, and backed by the Cast Metals Federation, the University of Wolverhampton and Dudley College. The centre offers a range of pathways for young apprentices to embark on a career in the castings industry including all aspects of foundry, casting and patternmaking. Also, there will be a range of courses to upskill existing employees to ensure the transfer of knowledge and facilitate personal development.
The Institute of Cast Metals Engineers and the Cast Metals Federation encourages YOU to take advantage of this fantastic facility and the professional training that will be provided by committing to one or all the following options:
1. Sign-up your new apprentices to ECMS by contacting Trevor Codner at email@example.com or Telephone: 0797 369 5590 or learn more at www.theecms.co.uk
2. Encourage members of your teams to become TRAINERS or ASSESSORS. This could be by committing to as little as 1 day a month or more days, if they have the time. Full training will be provided. To find out more by contacting Kate Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone: 0121 601 6979
3. Become a SUPPORTER of the new ECMS – National Foundry Training Centre by sponsoring a training zone or equipment. Sponsorship opportunities are available from as little as £5000. To learn more, contact Trevor Ayre Email email@example.com or Telephone: 07774737241
4. Provide video content and photos which promote your company, so that we may use it to promote our industry and engage future employees. Please send content to Trevor Ayre Email firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Show your pride by allowing your company name to be linked to the new National Foundry Training Centre, so we can say that your company supports this foundry industry initiative. Please confirm this, by sending an email to Trevor Ayre at email@example.com